PhysiotherapyAt Advanced Health, our skilled Physiotherapists provide detailed assessments, up-to-date active treatments and fully educate our clients for a wide range of health problems to ensure you get back to doing what you love and make the most of your lifestyle.
Graston & Active Release TechniquesThese are two very specialized techniques that require further post-secondary education courses and are offered by very few clinics in the area. With these advanced techniques, it has been shown that positive results can be achieved where traditional therapies were not as timely and/or effective.
Massage TherapyMassage therapy is very hands-on and uses a variety of techniques that can be either soft or more vigorous. There are many benefits from receiving a massage therapy treatment and there is a wide range of conditions that can be helped by massage therapy
Sports Medicine & Physician ConsultationDr.Jeff Pike & Dr.Fernand Arseneau have extensive sports medicine experience, as do our Physiotherapists & Massage therapists. We specialize in the Rehabilitation of athletes of all levels & have appointments available with our Doctors for sports rehab consultation.
Occupational TherapyUsing specialized knowledge & techniques, many services are available at Advanced Health to assist with restoring & improving one's function with daily tasks. Ergonomic assessments & wheelchair prescriptions are just a few of services provided @ Advanced Health
Specialized Hand RehabilitationThrough advanced study, Occupational Therapist Adam Burke specializes in upper extremity and hand rehabilitation. His training enables him to more effectively work with those with upper extremity injuries, quickening their return to a productive lifestyle
Orthotics and BracesIn house and via our affiliation with Equilibrum Maritime, we are pleased to provide a number of bracing and support devices. Also avaiable are effective, custom-designed Orthotics & Bracing which are essential for returning balance to human biomechanics.
Workplace Injury RehabilitationIf you have been injured on the job and are looking for a team of professionals that has extensive experience with workplace injuries, you have found the place! Please call 506.204.6622 with any questions you may have.
Motor Vehicle Accident RehabilitationThrough extensive post-graduate studies in neck and low back pain and with significant clinical experience, our health professions are more than equipped to assist you heal faster following an Automobile accident. Feel free to call with any questions you may have (204-6622)
@ Advanced Health & Physiotherapy
we are dedicated to the promotion of a safe, healthy and active lifestyle. We focus on client education and provide an active approach to rehabilitation. By combining current research with clinical experience and utilizing a health-care team approach, we are committed to a comprehensive rehabilitation which helps you get back to doing the things you love.
Advanced Health & Physiotherapy opened it's doors in the North end of Moncton on Sept 15, 2009. The vision for this facility has been to provide a comprehensive health care facility in Moncton that offers advanced rehabilitative services in a calm and relaxed environment. At Advanced Health, you will notice a very proactive approach to health and fitness, a warm and calming setting, an energetic and enthusiastic staff with diligent and thorough work ethics. We place a large emphasis on the educational component of treatments. It is our firm belief that a well-educated patient will be more successful in the rehabilitative process and beyond; they will fully understand what the injury is, how to prevent the injury from reoccuring, how to recognize the injury in the early stages if it does return, and how to manage the injury during potential flare-ups.
Warmly welcomed by the Moncton community, sports community, and medical community, Advanced Health has grew into a highly-respected multi-disciplinary center which now houses 4 independent medical companies (Active Therapy - Massage Therapy, Progressive Occupational Therapy, and Equilibrum - Satellite clinic). We attribute our company's success and the satisfaction of our clients to the superior rehabilitative treatments we provide, the supportive environment we have created, and most importantly to the most one-on-one therapist-patient time you will find around.
support in our community
It is important to us that we are supporters of the local sports community. We have and will continue to spend countless hours on the field, in the rink and in the gym providing medical coverage and support whenever it is possible. Below is a list of our partners in the community who we proudly support and assist with medical/therapeutic assistance:
Moncton Mustangs - Junior & Senior Programs 4-time defending Champions Maritime Football League
Harrison Trimble High School Football, Basketball & Hockey programs
South East Storm Triathlon Club
Bernice MacNaughton High School Mens' Basketball &Football programs
Crandall University Athletics
Vollyball New Brunswick
Moncton Football Association
our mission statement
Advanced Health & Physiotherapy is dedicated to the promotion of a safe, healthy and active lifestyle. We focus on client education and provide an active approach to rehabilitation.
We strive to:
- Enhance the overall physical health, fitness, and quality of life of adults and children by treating and educating them with quality, comprehensive and individualized physiotherapy services.
- Fill the gap for patients who demand the highest level of care and the most personalized attention available.
- Return client to their pre-injury state to allow them to return to work, home and social lifestyles as they are accustomed.
- Have an extensive commitment to continuing education in order to provide our patients with the most advanced treatment techniques.
- Be a pillar in our community, and actively support community sports and fundraisers.
- Julie McGivery
Physiotherapist / Owner
- Renee Leger
- Katie Kelly
- Andrew Ross
A physiotherapy graduate from Dalhousie University, Julie is a highly-regarded physiotherapist in the community and in Atlantic Canada. Julie is the co-founder of Advanced Health & Physiotherapy & has a passion for helping people understand and overcome their injuries. With a commitment to life-long learning, Julie continues to advance her knowledge and skills through participation in numerous postgraduate courses in advanced orthopaedic assessment and treatments. Julie completed her Clinical Masters' in Advanced Orthopaedics & Manual Therapy at Western University.Her on-field sports experience includes working as the team therapist for the Moncton Mustangs’ Junior & Senior Football programs, Bernice MacNaughton Basketball & Football Programs and many local/national/ international sporting events such as 2010 World Junior Track & Field. Julie’s passions are not limited to physiotherapy. She can often be found training for triathlons, marathons, skiing, & yoga. Julie has also recently completed the 2013 Ironman at Mt Tremblant, Que.
Renée graduated from University of Ottawa with her Masters in Physiotherapy. She became a member of the Advanced Health & Physiotherapy team in June 2012 and has since become involved in many sports events in the community. She has a passion for helping others and loves the variety of clients she has the privilege of assessing and treating in the private clinic setting. Renee is committed to continuing her education through post-graduate courses. She is certified in soft tissue release as well as sport first responder. Also, she is trained in acupuncture and the McKenzie approach.She has a passion for sports and has been volunteering as a Physiotherapist with sports teams in the community over the last 18 months. She has volunteered with many sports organizations such as VBNB, and local/national sporting events in the area. She is also the trainer for École L’Odyssée’s football team.
Katie joined our team in October 2012 and we are super-excited to have her with us!
Full professional Bio to follow - just know that you are in great hands with Katie and if you have any questions or would like to speak with Katie directly - Please call us at 506.204.6622 :)
- Sonia Picard
- Nena Kennedy
- Samantha Harquail-Godin
Sonia Picard was born and raised in Cocagne. Her philosophy is in her clinic name: 'Active Therapy Clinic'. Active as a therapist in order to stay healthy and to show clients that we practice what we preach. Active as a client as well, since they have control over their bodies and what they do with their bodies. The massage is the medium; it takes care of the symptoms and can discover the causes, but the body heals itself and that is where the client has to be active in their process of being healthy. Sonia attended l'Universite de Moncton, where she earned her degrees in Physical Education and Education. She then went into Massage therapy and graduated in June, 2004. In the past 5 years, Sonia has volunteered with the Universite de Moncton men's hockey team as their massage therapist. She's also given various presentations in businesses and volunteered at other sporting events (ie. Women's National Squash Championship, 2 Volleyball National Championships, 2 CIS Men's Hockey Championships, various long distance running races in the greater Moncton area).
- Adam Burke
Occupational Therapist - Certified Hand Therapist
- Dr. Jeff Pike
Physiatrist / Sports Medicine Physician
- Joanne St. Pierre
- Fernand Arseneau
Sports Medicine Physician
- Kim Hopper
- Becca Trenholm
- Heather Wasson
Adam graduated from
Dr. Jeff Pike works at the Moncton Hospital as the Physiatrist in the Physical Rehabilitation dept. With a keen interest in athlete rehabilitation and concussion management, Dr. Pike is affliated with the Moncton Mustang Football program, ThinkFirst Canada, and was the Chief Medical Officer for the 2010 World Track & Field games held in Moncton. Dr. Pike graduated from Dalhousie Medical School in 1998 and then pursued a residency and specialization in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. He has been a part-time lecturer in the Faculty of Medicine at Dalhousie University since May 2005. Dr. Pike also earned his Diploma in Sports Medicine by the Canadian Association of Sports Medicine in June 2007. Dr. Pike currently holds a Sports Medicine consulting clinic at Advanced Health weekly where he assesses athletes and sports-related injuries, and provides guidance on how to safely return-to-play.
Dr. Fernand Arseneau is a family physician / sports medicine physician, practicing in Moncton, N.B., since 1990. He was a member of the Executive of the Canadian Academy of Sport Medicine for 8 years and received his diploma in sport medicine in 1992. He is an affiliate teacher with the Université de Sherbrooke and a teacher of pathophysiology at the Université de Moncton. He was President of the Sport Medicine Council of New Brunswick, Medical Director of Triathlon New Brunswick and Medical Advisor for Cross-Country Ski New Brunswick. He was a member of more than ten medical teams in sport medicine including the Canada games (on 6 occasions), the University games, the Francophone games, the Pan Am games and the Olympic Games(2x). He was Chief Medical Officer for the Winter Canada Games in 2003 and he was selected as part of the volunteer medical staff in the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympic Athletes’ Village Polyclinic. Dr. Arseneau is very active in sports with a participation in 16 marathons, more then 100 triathlons including three Ironman races and in cross country skiing, he is first in Atlantic Canada to receive the official Wordloppet Master Diploma after completing ten races around the world.
Kim Hopper join the Advanced Health team in August 2012, and has been an absolute positive addition to our already amazing team. Kim has extensive experience in managing and customer service, and it shows in her natural ability as the office manager.
Kim is the smiling face that keeps the office running smoothly and can help you with all questions related to scheduling, billing, and other administrative-related questions.
If you have any questions or would like to speak with Kim directly - Please call 506.204.6622 :) or send an email to email@example.com
Becca graduated from NSCC in 2011 with a diploma in Physiotherapy/Occupational Therapy Assistant. Becca became a member of the Advanced Health & Physiotherapy team in November 2011 and has since become a vital part of our amazing clinic. Being a life-long learner, Becca has furthered her skills and is now Kinesio I & Kinesio II certified as well as a certified Sport First-Responder. She has volunteered with Volleyball New Brunswick and with high school football and basketball events. Recently, Becca was one of the many faces participating in the Legs for Literacy Marathon along side fellow clinic members.
Feel confident in knowing that you are in great hands with Becca and if you have any questions or would like to speak with Becca directly - Please call us at 506.204.6622 :)
With all the different types of medical providers available, it can be very overwhelming choosing which is the best for you. Below is a list of the most common services/treatments that are used in our clinic. When trying to decide which medical professional is best for you, feel free to call or email us and we will do our best to point you in the right direction. It is more important to us that you have the right information about techniques and options, so you can make an truly informed decision. Regardless of where you choose to attend; be a smart shopper; there are Physiotherapy clinics that are good and there are clinics that are GREAT. At Advanced Health, we regularly take advanced technique courses, and book extra time with each and every client we treat to give you more time with us and to allow us more time to help you feel better.
- Manual therapy
- Personal exercise programs and Core retraining
- Sports injury rehabilitation
- Work related injury rehabilitation
- Auto accident rehabilitation
- Graston Technique
- McKenzie: Mechanical diagnosis and treatment
- Active Release Technique
- Peri- and post-partum health consultation
- Therapeutic Taping
- Electrotherapeutic Modalities
- *(NEW) Women's Health (Urinary/stress Incontinence)
- Swedish massage
- Myofascial release
- Sports massage
- Relaxation massage
- Pre- and Post pregnancy massage
- Deep tissue
- Post-Motor vehicle accident
- Trigger point release
- Specialized Hand/Upper extremity rehabilitation
- Custom Hand/Thumb/Wrist Splints
- Ergonomic Assessments
- Wheel Chair assessments and prescriptions
- Custom knee orthotics/braces
- Custom tibial orthotics for children/adults
- Custom plantar orthotics / footwear
- Many other orthopaedic braces & supports
- Medical consultation
- Trainers/Therapists for numerous Athletic teams in the Moncton area (Football, Hockey, Basketball, Soccer, Rugby)
The Staff at Advanced Health & Physiotherapy would be happy to speak about a health-related topic to any size audience. In the past, we have spoke:
- At the Running Room on “Running Biomechanics” & “Sports Massage”,
- At the Moncton Hospital on “Repetitive Strain injuries in the workplace”,
- At local high schools on “ Helmet safety & Concussion Management” & “Pregnancy and Running”
- At local Coaching seminars on “Sports Massage: pre-/post-event”
- At local University on “Medical services and Massage therapy”
- If you are hosting/organizing an event or tournament and would like medical staff onsite, the Advanced Health Team would be happy to provide this service to you. Just give us a call at 506.204.6622 and we can discuss what services we can provide
- We are now offering assessment and rehabilitation services for dogs following injury. The services are provided by Andrew Ross, who is a registered physiotherapist with the province of NB. Andrew is a member of the Animal Rehab Division of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association (CPA) and is currently working towards a Diploma in Canine Rehabilitation through the CPA. Canine Rehabilitation applies many of the same principles we use as physiotherapists to treat injuries in humans. Whether you are the owner of an elderly dog who is struggling with mobility, a dog who has recently had surgery, or a sporting dog struggling with a persistent condition that is limiting them in their sport, canine rehabilitation may be helpful.
- All assessments/treatments require a referral from your veterinarian. A copy of the referral form can be found on the website for you to take to your vet. Once the referral is obtained, a detailed assessment of your dog will take place. During the assessment, we will chat and record the history of your dog’s condition. Your dog’s posture, stance and movement will be observed. Measurements may be taken of joint range of motion, muscle strength and limb circumference. Testing may be performed for joint range of motion and stability, muscle tone and strength, areas of tenderness and balance and coordination. At the end of the assessment, we will discuss the findings, you will be shown home exercises to do with your dog, and a treatment plan will be proposed.
What conditions could benefit from canine rehabilitation?
- Soft tissue injuries such as muscle strains, ligament sprains, or tendon injuries
- Joint injuries including dysplasia, arthritis, or developmental problems
- Post- surgical cases such as cranial cruciate ligament repair, post-fracture, or other orthopaedic injuries
- Neurological conditions
- Spinal injuries including disc herniations or disc degeneration
- Any physical problem that is causing pain or lameness in your dog that has been cleared by your veterinarian for physical rehabilitation
- If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call or send an email to Andrew!
@ advanced health
We know your time is valuable which is why we are committed to more quality treatment time spent one-on-one with your physiotherapist. We strongly believe the best care comes with specialized focused attention on you, and we hope you will notice this difference in our level of care.
your first visit
The first visit is always a 45- to 60-min session. In that time, we will ask you questions to get a thorough understanding of your current injury/complaint (what makes you feel worse/better, where is the pain located, past injuries, etc). Following this subjective examination, we will then move onto a biomechanical assessment that involves observation of how you move and then onto more specific tests that allow us to determine and better understand the root cause of your pain/injury. We encourage to you ask as many questions as you want during the assessment so that you also better understand your injury. At the end of the assessment, we will always discuss what was found and proceed to set up a treatment plan.
It is always best to show up at least 15 minutes early so that all the necessary paperwork can be filled out.
what to bring
- For you first session – you will need to bring your medicare card, private health insurance information (insurance card), shorts and T-Shirt (tanktop if it is a shoulder problem), any special footwear you may have, any special braces you may use at work/sport
- Doctor’s referral if you have one – you DO NOT need a Doctor’s referral to see a Physiotherapist. Some private health insurance providers require that you have a Doctor’s referral for physiotherapy in order to have it covered. Please contact your private health insurance provider to make sure
- Any test results or specialist reports you may have.
Follow-up visits can range from 30-60 minutes in length and will typically involve various forms of treatment techniques and exercise specific to your individual injury.
Find out more about the various forms of treatment techniques we employ in order to get you better.
- Initial Assessment - $70
- Treatment session - $60
- 60 min session - $80
- 45 min session - $65
- 30 min session - $50
Prices include taxes. We are normally always able to direct bill if you are with Blue Cross and have a Dr.'s Referral. Please check with your insurance company provider for details on direct billing or give us a call!
You do NOT need a Doctor’s referral to see a Physiotherapist. Some private health insurance providers require that you have a Doctor’s referral for physiotherapy in order to have it covered. Please contact your private health insurance provider to make sure.
cancellation and no-show policy
We require 24 hours notice for cancellation of your appointment so your time may be filled by someone on the waiting list. If you cancel your appointment with less than 24 hours notice, a cancellation fee of $20 of the visit fee will be charged.
To book an appointment for an assessment from one of our Health Professionals or for more information, please call: 506-204-6622 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
news @ advanced health
There's alot happening at Advanced Health: everhything from community and fundraising events, following our Sports teams/programs, and new therapeutic/rehabilitative services. Also, our staff is very active within the community and with their own sports (such as Ironmans, Marathons, Football, Soccor, Crossfit). This is where you will find all this great information.
advanced health links
@ advanced health
We take pride in being able to answer any questions/concerns you may have, and providing you with the most up-to-date information that is available. Below, we have listed some important topics and links for you to read. These resources range from managing concussions and safe return-to-sport, to removal of therapeutic tapeand also new running trends.
At Advanced Health, we place a great deal of emphasiss on fully educating our clients because we believe fully informed individuals are the most successful in managing and preventing any further occurrences of their injury. We strongly believe the best care comes with specialized focused attention on you, and we hope you will notice this difference in our level of care.
Coming Soon :)
We are located in Mt. Pleasant Plaza, which is at the corner of Mt. Pleasant and Mountain Rd.
The closest landmarks are Lounsbury’s Furniture and Shopper’s Drug – we are located just across the street!
Stop by anytime if you have any questions and one of our Health Professions would be more than willing to steer you in the right direction!
advanced health & physiotherapy
Mt. Pleasant Plaza, 1579 Mountain Rd. Unit 3, Moncton, N.B., E1G 1A3
Phone: 506-204-6622 Fax: 506-204-6950
hours of operation
Monday - Thursday: 8:00am - 9:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 3:30pm
© Copyright 2009 Advanced Health & Physiotherapy. The information on this site is original material by Advanced Health & Physiotherapy and may not be reproduced or copied without the written permission of the company.